The Save Wemyss Caves Society have been very active over the past year. Here are some of our highlights:
- Nominated for the Scottish Heritage Angels Awards
- Visited by an International delegation of Archaeologists.
- Major photogrammetric, aerial, RTI photography and laser scan surveys of the caves and surrounding environment.
- Visited by the French delegation of the Bruges / Levenmouth Twinning Association
- Historical recreation of the 19th century discovery of the famous Pictish carvings and subsequent antiquarian’s attempts to capture and describe them. Filmed in and around the caves by archaeologists of SCAPE (University of St Andrews) for SWACS. Release date to be announced.
- A television feature on STV’s Live at Five.